Course blog for American University PERF-570, Fall 2014
This slideshow, from the National Arts Marketing Project and Capacity Interactive is 99 slides long, but is chock full of great information I think a lot of us could use in our theses and for future papers. Might be a good one to bookmark! A few interesting tidbits are below, but really, spend time to read through it, since according to the article we spend more than 6 hours a day with our digital devices. Its a better use of our time than a Buzzfeed cat slideshow anyway.
– 75% of users turn to the internet as their first source of information
– Mobile will replace laptop and desktop as leisure-time internet browsing
– Content is king – be inspirational and entertaining, if you’re boring or academic, you will fail
– HALF of all arts tickets sold are online
– Facebook advertising is an under-utilized sales medium
– Online video influences both opinion and action (sales) about the arts –68% people want to preview before they commit